stuck in a cube

i woke up from a dream to find myself in the middle of a farm of cubicles harvesting the power needed to maintain energy for the corporate establishment...these are my findings...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Tampa, Florida, United States

Born and bred a true Floridian. With Chinese/Filipino roots and a touch of the South.

Monday, November 06, 2006

Eyes Forward

So it looks like I'll be changing departments here in a little bit. I was offered a job two levels higher than what I'm at now. Decent bump up in pay , more work , more responsibility , supposedly a track/path you can follow to keep moving up in the same department. I'm looking at it with an open mind and with my vision staring straight ahead into the future. It's a good opportunity for me to move up another notch and gain more experience while at the same time getting paid more. It's still not what I want to get paid or what I think I should be getting paid, but i'm down to put in some more time. I'm down to show some of the haters and doubters that I'm not done. I'm down to succeed!!

It sucks having to leave my group now though, just because it's probably one of the most coolest and most laid back groups within the company. A group that most of the rest of the company don't really know what we do and so it gives us freedom to do what we need to do with little to no interference. I've heard bad stories about the department i'll be moving to, but I've also heard good stories. It definitely seems like one of those jobs that isn't for everyone. But I'm an Economics Major. I had to remind myself this morning what exactly that means.

Economics builds scientific models to explain why people behave the way they do. And economists use these models, in conjunction with their observations of the world, to analyze and explain why things happen the way they do.

...Even more, economics is about finding the truth, even if the truth may go counter to what you, and most people, may intuitively believe. As one economist put it, economics is about paradoxes, about providing answers to riddles that are contrary to accepted opinion yet are true.

...Why do businesses need economists? First, economists are trained to think analytically and critically to solve complex problems. Second, and relatedly, economists is a social science, and as such economists are trained to recognize human behavior in relation to work, production, distribution and consumption, the fundamental operations of most businesses.



I'm starting to realize i picked the right major for myself. Closely enough related to general business and at the same time a social science with a concentration on human behavior as it relates. I think I'm very much a people person. I get along with pretty much everyone. And I think it would be hard to find many people that actually have bad things to say about me. I hope i can continue this trend at my new position.

Like i said...My vision is forward...no where to go but up...

FOCUS , INSPIRE , MOTIVATE

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home