stuck in a cube

i woke up from a dream to find myself in the middle of a farm of cubicles harvesting the power needed to maintain energy for the corporate establishment...these are my findings...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Tampa, Florida, United States

Born and bred a true Floridian. With Chinese/Filipino roots and a touch of the South.

Wednesday, October 25, 2006

FOCUS , INSPIRE , MOTIVATE

Day 2 back at work…I think after the cruise, I’m more inspired and more motivated to do the damn thing and keep moving. I can’t stay stagnant, I have to keep moving. If this company won’t give me the opportunity to, then so be it, but I have to keep moving. Like the song says…..”Everyday I’m hustling” and by the way “hustling” doesn’t have to be a rap reference or a drug reference….hustling is getting paid….any means necessary…it’s what drives the millionaires of the world today. Donald Trump is one of the biggest hustlers in world history. At the same time money doesn’t rule the world, and money can’t buy happiness….BUT….money makes living easier…money makes it so you don’t have to work as hard and in turn you have time to enjoy life. When I started working after graduating college, it hit me pretty hard realizing that I’m going to be working 9-5 for nearly the rest of my life. For what? To live, to survive and to provide for a family. On the cruise we met a friend named Jason. One night at dinner he said something like “I would be completely happy living in a small hut on the beach, growing and hunting my own food”. I’ve said something similar in the past about living life as simple as possible with minimal materialistic things. It’s a nice idealistic image. But how plausible is it? In the end you’ll still need money for the bare necessities. I can’t grow toilet paper, and I’m not about to use a leaf. Got to stay motivated.


FOCUS , INSPIRE , MOTIVATE

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very motivating. You brought up some good points too. Life, unless you find work that makes you truly happy, is just about getting by. What do we choose to do with the moments in between? Very philosophical. I think I will go home and ruminate on this one. Wonder if I can go home and do that now? Oh, wait...that didn't sound motivated. I gotta work on that. El Dub moving on

3:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home